Additive Manufacturing Applications
June 7, 2018, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA
Pittsburgh Airport Marriott
777 Aten Road
Coraopolis, PA 15108
SME’s Smart Manufacturing Series featuring Additive Manufacturing seminars has been developed to offer you exclusive access to industry leaders and experts who are implementing AM in their business operations.
Additive Manufacturing continues to grow and provide unprecedented opportunities for manufacturers both large and small. It is predicted that the current worldwide sales pace of AM products and services will be close to $9 billion, with future growth almost doubling to around $16 billion by 2020. Some industry experts are forecasting growth of $50 billion by 2030.
This explosive growth will undoubtedly disrupt how you think about, plan, and execute your existing manufacturing process. Now is the time to prepare your business and your team for additive manufacturing and position your company for the future.
Topics of Discussion:
- How high-performance specialty alloys have become part of critical applications used within aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets.
- Learn about the parts made to support a range of next generation additive manufacturing products and techniques.
- How metal powders continue to innovate and improve, producing dependable, reliable parts meeting rigorous testing standards and repeatability.
- Safe handling of powders including reconditioning to bring back into specification for additional production runs reducing cost and waste.
- Incorporating materials like metals and advanced polymers & composites to build functional parts and final products.
- Moving from prototype to production
- Learn from industry leaders and get direct access to technology thought leaders and expert advice
- Hear first-hand what is working today and will work in the future
- Make new connections and build relationships with partners and peers
- Experience a dynamic mix of learning and hands-on demonstrations from industry sponsors exhibiting their capabilities
- Stay up-to-date on new techniques and future academic research
Network and interact with industry leaders and manufacturing peers