Exciting news for the AM Community. Hear from Doug Woods, President of AMT and Sascha Wentzler, VP of Mesago as they share insights on this landmark partnership between AMT, Mesago, Gardner Business Media and Mesago USA and what it means to industry.
– Welcome back to Formnext 2021. I’m Debbie Holton, the President of Metrix. We had an exciting announcement this morning from Mesago AMT and Gardner Business Media. And I’m here with Doug Woods of AMT and Sascha Wentzler of Mesago. And tell us what you announced today. Doug.
– It was a really great opportunity for us to talk about a new event we’re gonna be doing together in the United States. Obviously, we’ve been working for a long time. It may not be so obvious, but it should be obvious. It took a long time to put this together properly. And so we have an opportunity to collaborate with Formnext to bring Formnext to the USA in collaboration as you mentioned with Gardner Business Media, AMT, obviously what we’ve done with IMTS makes for a nice connection to take what’s really been a phenomenal brand that Sascha and his team has built. So, that’s something we’re really looking forward to and we’re gonna stage into it. So already starting in 2022, you’ll start seeing the Formnext connection. And it’ll be building up to the crescendo in 2025.
– That’s fantastic. And you this morning said, Sascha, you said additive manufacturing is the technology and Formnext is the showcase. So tell us what’s the most exciting thing about this partnership in this new event?
– Debbie it’s awesome because I just talked to Doug yesterday, what should fit together now comes together. And for us it’s a perfect situation and environment. For Formnext you have a very young dynamic and innovative young industry, but it became a very mature industrial industry. And together with Formnext, we were able to show this on this really perfect showcase and now coming to the US together in a excellent partnership with AMT and with Gardner Business Media and creating their a showroom and the showcase for the AM community, it’s awesome. And we look so much forward to 2025 and all what we do in between as special events to bring this finally to the US so it’s great to have it reached finally.
– That is exciting and it actually starts at IMTS 2022, and then there’ll be some activities in 2023, again in 24, and then building up to 2025 in the big event in Chicago. So that’s a very exciting development. We welcome you to the United States, and we’re excited to do that. What would you like to leave with our audience today about this partnership?
– I think there’s a really good chance for people to truly see the opportunities from beginning materials all the way through to service bureaus. I think the integration with IMTS in the beginning will actually show some unique parts about the integration to the entire industrial sector. Combine those two, I think it’s a great opportunity to be able to see technology, to network with people, to see what’s happening in this investment area. So I’m a manufacturing person in my whole life, so I’m excited about it. So I can’t wait.
– That’s awesome. How about you.
– Debbie it’s absolutely great. The family like we call it is growing and now we have a transatlantic bridge. It can’t be better, that’s great.
– Fantastic. Well, thanks so much for sharing this news with us. Very exciting stuff and the surprises and news, just keep on coming here at Formnext 2021. Thanks for joining us and stay tuned for more exciting developments here.