Get the latest from Sr. VP Sales & Marketing at Beehive3D, Winthrop Sheldon, on how this new company plans to impact contract manufacturing and increase the adoption of metal additive manufacturing.
– Hi, this is Adam Penna, I’m here at Formnext day two and I am here with the Senior VP of Sales and Marketing at Beehive 3D, Winthrop Sheldon. Winthrop, welcome.
– Thank you.
– I happy here.
– It’s great to be here.
– Yeah how’s your experience been at Formnext this year? How’s the event been for you so far?
– It’s great to be back there this year, Adam, a new company, new investors coming to this market, looking to make an impact both in contract manufacturing, as well as the overall adoption of metal additive manufacturing so looking to develop solutions where these technologies maybe haven’t been used in the past.
– So you also had an acquisition recently, right? Volunteer Aerospace?
– Yeah, absolutely. So we’re really excited about the news with volunteers, so that was something that’s been in the works and publicly announced two weeks ago, obviously John, Erin and Rachel, and the team that volunteered, grown just a wonderful business, primarily focused on metal additive manufacturing. They’ve done a great job supporting their customers and growing their customer base, and we’re excited to support them and continue to help them grow that business to support their customers.
– Yeah well make sense. Tell us a little bit about your services at Beehive 3D and what you’re offering over there. –
– Yeah, absolutely. I can’t, I can’t share everything today, but I think the way that the industries started to look at us is as an advanced contract manufacturer, as a partner in all things Metal Additive Manufacturing, we have a number of facilities that are built around servicing our customer’s needs. I think volunteer is well understood in the industry, they have a great customer base, a nice set of technologies. I think they’re well-differentiated especially with their use of The-X line equipment from GE Additive. They also use EOS equipment and other types of post-processing equipment. At Beehive 3D we’re machine agnostic, technology agnostic, 100% focused upon solving customer problems. We have a good number of piece of equipment today, both additive, as well as subtractive and post-processing, I think our, our engineering skill sets our program management skill sets and some of our, our networks, you know, if I look across the team of who’s joined really set us apart in terms of going to market or across the Nation and maybe one day, even in Europe or Asia to, to solve customer problems.
– That’s exciting. That’s a, that’s a big addition to the industry. It’s good to hear that. Wonderful to talk to you today and I look forward to seeing a lot more from Beehive 3D. Thanks for joining us today Winthrop.
– My pleasure, Adam. It’s great to be here.
– Thank you. Well, that’s us today from day number two at Formnext.