Metrix Sponsored Content Guidelines
Metrix offers sponsored content opportunities on AdditiveManufacturing.com. The most engaging and successful sponsored content strives to fit the style, tone, and editorial focus of the media brand in which it appears while also making sure it delivers on the information needs, preferences, and interests of the audience. Sponsored content can be in article or multimedia format. Our editors have prepared a list of guidelines and best practices for maximizing your sponsored content placements.
What Our Readers Want
- Timely and relevant content that is educational or newsworthy: Show them how the technology works, how it was built, and the problem(s) it solved.
- Content of general technology interest; should be accessible and easy to understand by an engineer in any area of expertise.
- Context – Our top performing content communicates the impact of technology as a tool of business transformation and shows that transformation’s impact on the workforce and the business who adopted this technology.
- Real-world application and/or case studies–the more interesting the application, the better–including research and data.
- The perspective of engineers who are developing/using the technology–including quotes in the engineers’ own words.
- No sales pitches. Our readers are smart and savvy and will see through overt salesy content. Focus on information value and thought leadership to get your message across.
- Compelling visuals that add to the story.
- Original, first run content. Our readers want to read things they haven’t seen before, so we prefer sponsored content that debuts on AdditiveManufacturing.com. Also, to keep things fresh, once content runs, it cannot be repeated.
Sponsored content is subject to review by our editors for appropriateness and relevance to our audience and must also follow our General Policies below.
Sponsored Content Policies “The Absolute Musts”
To protect our brand and readers’ interests, the following are “must follow rules” and general policies for sponsored content:
- Sponsored content must be original work that was commissioned or is owned by the client. Proof may be required.
- All images, graphics, and photography must be properly sourced and either rights-free or owned by the submitter. Proof may be required.
- We do not accept content credited to a competitor of Metrix or ASME.
- Cannot be repeated for multiple placements.
- Metrix may, at any time, reject or remove any sponsor-provided content that contains false, deceptive, potentially misleading, or illegal content; is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to Metrix brand(s).
- Sponsored content that does not meet the guidelines or adhere to the policies will not be posted and will be returned to the sponsor for revisions.
- One revision cycle will be permitted prior to rescheduling of placement date.
- Revisions must be completed and accepted two business days prior to scheduled placement date, otherwise Metrix will reschedule the placement to the next available date.
- Metrix is not responsible for editing or copyediting sponsor posts.