- This event has passed.
How 3D Printing is Changing the Aerospace Industry
November 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ESTFree
Additive manufacturing is changing global manufacturing. Most recognized for its rapid prototyping and tooling capabilities, 3D printing evolved to become an integral part of manufacturing end-use parts for some of the world’s largest industries, including aerospace.
The aerospace industry has been using a variety of 3D printing technologies for decades. From light-weighting parts for space travel using SLS to consolidating complex parts using DMLM, the aerospace industry is embracing additive technologies and producing highly efficient components while saving time, money and warehousing costs.
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How aerospace companies are benefitting from using AM
- Which technologies are best suited for aerospace and why
- How AM can be used to consolidate parts, lightweight components, and create greater efficiencies
- How AM contract manufacturing services can be leveraged for design services, technical expertise and overflow projects
- What special treatments must be applied when producing end-use parts of aerospace
- How companies can integrate AM into their supply chain