- This event has passed.
Pankl Racing Innovation Fueled by Additive Manufacturing
September 22 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDTFree
Imagine 3D printing a part and hearing ‘oops’ from your operator or engineer. What’s the first thing that goes through your mind? “How much is this going to cost us?”
Whether you’re producing parts out of plastic, resin, or metal, the cost fluctuates, especially with metal additive printing. So, how do you solve the ‘oops’ problem? Additive Simulation ensures parts will print ‘first time right,’ while accurately predicting any failures like blade crashing and compensating for any possible distortions.
Pankl Racing is a perfect example of how additive simulation is leveraged in nearly each step of the design and production processes to achieve the best possible results. Development Engineer, Cleon Regensburger, from Pankl Racing will share how additive manufacturing and simulation enables a number of benefits, like less production lead time, greater part functionality, and design freedom.
Discussion will include:
- Added value of engineering simulation
- How simulation technology can ensure that parts will print ‘first time right.’
- Optimal parts for additive manufacturing techniques.
- Why support structures in 3D printing can be an enormous problem
- How to tackle typical issues in metal printing like thermal stresses and warping
- How Pankl Racing applies additive simulation at each setup of the design and production process.