- This event has passed.
SOLIDWORKS Certification Tips and Tricks
January 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
Certified SOLIDWORKS Exams have become an industry standard for proving your CAD knowledge no matter what software you use. In this session we will go over key factors to give you an edge and tips and tricks that can help you Ace our exams! SOLIDWORKS Certifications are not created for education so any exam you pass was designed for Industry. Great way to build your resume and in some cases even be exempt from a college level CAD Course.
SOLIDWORKS recommends that applicants review the online tutorials on Parts, Assemblies, and Drawings as a prerequisite, and have at least 150 hours of classroom instruction that thoroughly covers the SOLIDWORKS CAD application, engineering design principles, and industry best practices.
Exam may feature hands-on challenges in some of these areas:
- Sketch entities – lines, rectangles, circles, arcs, ellipses, centerlines
- Sketch tools – offset, convert, trim
- Sketch relations
- Boss and cut features – extrudes, revolves, sweeps, lofts
- Fillets and chamfers
- Linear, circular, and fill patterns
- Feature conditions – start and end
- Mass properties
- Inserting components
- Standard mates – coincident, parallel, perpendicular, tangent, concentric, distance, angle
- Reference geometry – planes, axis, mate references
- Drawing views