OGDEN — January 4, 2017— WhiteClouds, the world’s largest full-color 3D printing cloud provider, today released a recap of major accomplishments for the company in 2016, its third year in operation and one marked by a 30% increase in production capabilities.
“Our relentless focus on finding innovative ways to improve fields such as healthcare, architecture, gaming and more has yielded a year of milestones we can be proud of,” said Jerry Ropelato, CEO of WhiteClouds, “We’ve only just scratched the surface of what advanced 3D printing can do for business and consumers alike.”
Major 2016 highlights include:
Innovative 3D Printing Products
- 3DyourMap– 3DyourMAP, full-scale color printed models produced from drone data, available from the drone industry’s first app store, DroneDeploy’s App Market, was launched by WhiteClouds. Drone imagery of topography and terrain is downloaded to WhiteClouds’ servers where technical engineers produce customized maps, available in different printed materials, for clients in widely varying industries.
- 3DyourScan – 3DyourSCAN, life-size color printed, anatomical models of a patient’s CT/MRI scan designed to improve collaboration and education between physicians and patients. The models feature patent-pending “Hinge & Slice” technology that provides the most granular, detailed patient-specific models available to surgeons for collaboration and patient education.
- 3DyourPlan – 3DyourPLAN brings 2D architectural plans to the next level enabling building projects of all sizes to be more easily developed and realized. A relatively small, upfront investment in 3D modeling typically leads to real cost savings, and is a more efficient way to generate multiple design options quickly and effectively. The investment ultimately improves outcomes and maximizes how resources are spent.
Partnerships & Acquisitions
- WhiteClouds and TeraRecon Partnership –WhiteClouds has partnered with TeraRecon, the leading software provider in advanced visualization. Through this partnership, medical experts have the ability to print highly-detailed patient models directly from the TeraRecon software, a platform with over 4,000 installations worldwide. This workflow provides 3D printing and cloud-based 3D reconstruction seamless and turn-key.
- WhiteClouds and Anatomy Warehouse Partnership –WhiteClouds’ 3DYourSCAN is offered in 190 categories of personalized medical models available through their partner channel Anatomy Warehouse, the leading supplier of anatomy charts, anatomical models, and anatomical posters, serving medical students, medical professionals, and educational organizations. 3DPlusMe Acquisition – WhiteClouds announced the acquisition of 3DplusMe, a leader in 3D capture-to-print branded experiences. 3DplusMe works with the world’s largest brands in sports, video games and entertainment to create interactive 3D experiences and deliver full-color 3D products for their customers.
- Sandboxr Acquisition – WhiteClouds acquired Sandboxr, the foremost 3D printer and software developer of video game collectibles. Through its patented Digital to Doorstep ™ platform, Sandboxr provides one of the most unique and customizable 3D printing solutions for some of the largest game and entertainment companies around the world – including LionsGate, Nintendo, Microsoft, Amazon, WarGaming, Cartoon Network, Disney Interactive and more.
3D Printing Newsmakers
- First-Ever 3D Printed Brace – When star linebacker Thomas Davis needed to protect his arm, post-surgery, in the 2016 Super Bowl, WhiteClouds, along with 3D Elite, produced a customized 3D printed brace in 36 hours. The first-of-its-kind brace involved approximately 5100 layers, with each layer approximately 16 microns thick.
- 3D-Printed “Murder House” Helps Solve Homicide Case – The 3D printed model of a home in Montana proved pivotal to a jury deciding the fate of the homeowner in the trial of an intruder. Charges against James Stiffler were dismissed after a 10-2 hung jury outcome. However, the 10 favoring acquittal of the defendant credited the one-of-a-kind 3D-printed model of the Stiffler home – believed to be the first time such a model has been used in a US murder trial – for assisting in their decision-making.
- 3D-Printed Swimming Pool? WhiteClouds collaborated on the first-ever swimming pool constructed from 3D plans. Cutting Edge Pools tapped WhiteClouds to create a model to display the finished product — prior to actual construction. To build the mini replica, WhiteClouds used multiple software programs, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Mudbox, and Enroute. The project was completed in less than a week and a half, with the actual printing taking 5 hours and 59 minutes.
- The Hale Centre Theater – Construction of the130,000 square foot Hale Centre Theatre in Utah, featuring state-of-the-art innovation unmatched in the world created by Tait – world market leader in designing, constructing and delivering the finest live event equipment in the world, is being facilitated by a WhiteClouds 3Dprinted model– the first of its kind, according to Clayton Construction, builders of the $72 million facility(slated to open in Fall 2017).
WhiteClouds delivers a complete 3DaaS platform that enables businesses to create 3D experiences and turn them into full-color 3D printed products through the Cloud. WhiteClouds has the world’s largest full-color 3D-printing facility and the premier software platform to deliver 3D experiences and products for mass markets. WhiteClouds delivers complete solutions in Medical, Architecture, and Entertainment. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Ogden, Utah. For more information, go to www.WhiteClouds.com.