- Event will showcase presentations from industry, research, government, & nonprofit leaders in 3-D printing, and poster session highlighting cutting-edge research
What: The NextManufacturing Center at Carnegie Mellon University, one of the world’s leading research centers for additive manufacturing (3-D printing), will host a symposium and poster session on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at the RAPID + TCT conference. The symposium and poster session are designed to promote discussion about additive manufacturing technology and foster collaboration between industry, government, and nonprofit sectors.
The RAPID + TCT conference, one of the largest 3-D printing conferences in North America, is being held in Pittsburgh, PA, because the region has quickly grown as an international hub for advanced manufacturing and innovation. The NextManufacturing Center sits at the center of this hub, working collaboratively to define the future of the field.
The NextManufacturing Center’s event, titled “Building Regional Leadership in Additive Manufacturing” will highlight the regional strength, showcasing presentations from additive manufacturing pioneers from Carnegie Mellon and other universities in the region, leaders from global companies headquartered in Southwestern PA, and regional non-profits.
Presentation speakers include:
- Top industry professionals including General Electric’s Dr. Kirk Rogers (Technology Leader at GE Center for Additive Technology Advancement), ANSYS’s David Conover (Chief Technologist of Mechanical Products), Arconic’s Dr. John Barnes (Vice President of Advanced Manufacturing & Strategy), and ATI Powder Metals’ Brian Morrison (Business Manager/Additive Team Leader)
- Regional and national government and non-profit organization representatives including Catalyst Connection’s Petra Mitchell (President and CEO) and America Makes’ Ralph Resnick (America Makes Founding Director and NCDMM President and Executive Director)
- NextManufacturing Center additive leaders including NextManufacturing Center Director Dr. Jack Beuth (Professor of Mechanical Engineering at CMU) and NextManufacturing Center Associate Director Dr. Anthony Rollett (Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at CMU)
- Research pioneers including CIMP-3D’s Dr. Timothy Simpson (Professor of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering at Penn State University) and Dr. Markus Chmielus (Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Material Science at the University of Pittsburgh)
WHEN: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 (10:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Symposium, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Poster Session)
WHERE: David L. Lawrence Convention Center, 1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Most up-to-date room numbers will be available on the official RAPID + TCT mobile app)
The event is free and open to all RAPID + TCT conference registrants. To register, please visit the RAPID + TCT registration page.
Please visit the RAPID + TCT website for more information on the poster session, including media and photography guidelines.
Source: Carnegie Mellon University