Most filaments produced for the Material Extrusion 3D Printing Technology (FFF) are polymer-based materials. Other than polyolefins, almost every other polymer can absorb moisture from the atmosphere. Moisture in filaments can cause poor print quality and significantly affect the printing process. In order to overcome these problems, Apium partners with Purpose AM Systems from Singapore and launches new Apium Filament Dryers.
“Through our partnership with Purpose AM, we are launching Apium Filament Dryers and provide our end-users with the complete solution for processing high performance polymers. We offer the unique AM solution with our advanced customer support established by our Service Center experts and forerunner technologies. “Pinar Karakas, Head of Marketing and Quality Management.
Apium Filament Dryer ensures high extrusion quality, less oozing and stringing, high interlayer adhesion and high mechanical properties. It is compatible with all Apium P Series 3D printers and Apium filaments as well as many other open system 3D printers.
Apium Filament Dryer is equipped with thermally insulated walls reducing the heat loss and with front-loading enabling easy filament interchange. It has rotary desiccant system for dehumidification of incoming air, a set of HEPA and active carbon filters to limit amount of exhausts and filter dust particles.
- Supported Spool Size Diameter – 200 mm, Width: 80 mm
- Temperature Range, 40 – 80 °
- Supported Filament Size – 1.75 mm / 2.85 mm / 3.00 mm
- Material and Machine Compatibility – All Apium Filaments and Apium P Series 3D Printers
- Custom Filaments and Open System FFF 3D Printers with mentioned temperature ranges
- Air Filtering – HEPA & Active Carbon Filters
- Door Safety Switch – Yes
- Overheating Protection – Yes
- Connection – USB 2.0 and Ethernet Jacks, Wi-Fi
- Power Requirement – Max. 400 W
Visit us at formnext: From 13 – 16 November 2018 in Frankfurt, Germany, Booth 3.1-C70, formnext.com
Apium Additive Technologies GmbH
76131 Karlsruhe Germany
Source: Apium Additive Technologies GmbH