ASME’s Additive Manufacturing + 3D Printing Conference & Expo (AM3D), is designed specifically for the Engineering community. We’ve customized a program around the product development process to highlight issues, challenges, and solutions associated with every step of the AM lifecycle.
Charlotte Convention Center
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
21-24 August 2016
Conference Highlights Include:
Three-days of keynote talks, technical presentations, panel sessions and peer-to-peer interaction.
Workshops: Take your AM skillset to the next level.
- Design for AM Workshop: Learn the fundamentals for successful AM optimized design.
- Topology Optimization Workshop: Develop your skills on how to use this cutting edge technology to rethink your next product design. Put your knowledge to test in the post-workshop design completion.
- Understanding MBD and MBE: Realizing the Promise of 3D Workshop: This workshop will present an overview of 3D Model-Based Definition (MBD) in the context of a Model-Based Enterprise (MBE).
Simulation for AM Design Workshop: This workshop will review how to apply simulation tools to evaluate AM part designs.
AM at the DoD Sessions: Discover how AM is impacting defense technologies and supply chain.
Mix and Mingle:
- NASCAR Reception: Experience an interactive, entertainment attraction honoring the history and heritage of stock car racing at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
- Exhibitor Reception: Attendees will have the opportunity to connect and share with industry professionals while enjoying an assortment of food and beverages. Wear comfortable shoes and bring plenty of business cards for this unique opportunity. *Open to all conference attendees*
Countless networking opportunities: AM3D’s co-location with the IDETC/CIE conference allows you to connect with leading experts and suppliers from industry, government, and researchers from the entire product design and additive manufacturing technology development curve.
A3MD 2016 Conference Topics:
Sunday: Aug 21 Design for AM Workshop, Topology Optimization Workshop, Understanding MBD and MBE Workshop, Simulation for AM Design Workshop
Monday: Aug 22 Keynote, AM Business & Economics, Case Studies, CAD Tools
Tuesday: Aug 23 AM at the Department of Defense, Printed Electronics, Materials, Hybrid Machines, Process Control
Wednesday: Aug 24 Topology Optimization, Process Mapping & Validation, Inspection, Workforce development