- Pflugerville site reflects company’s regional and global growth, broadens customer support throughout North America
PFLUGERVILLE, Texas—May 04, 2016–(BUSINESS WIRE)–EOS, the global technology and quality leader for high-end solutions in additive manufacturing (AM), held a ribbon cutting ceremony today to mark the grand opening of their newest U.S. facility in Pflugerville, Texas. The event precedes the celebration of the company’s 27th anniversary this summer.
The primary function of the Pflugerville location is to provide increased service and support for EOS’ growing North America market, which topped $100 million in fiscal year 2015. Among the site’s special offerings are an innovations laboratory (iLab), where EOS application engineers interact directly with customers, a working showroom containing the full range of the company’s AM systems, and an AM Ventures division to help bring start-up ideas to reality.
“The opening of our Pflugerville facility helps us deliver even better and faster service and support to our regional customers,” says Glynn Fletcher, president of EOS North America, Inc. “EOS has a company-wide goal of continually improving systems, materials, and process solutions wherever we operate. Pflugerville’s location near Austin, one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the U.S., allows us to make connections with some of the most notable technology organizations and schools in the nation and enables a high-level, optimum response to our customers’ needs across multiple time-zones.”
EOS has experienced substantial global growth in recent years—and particularly within the U.S. “Our Pflugerville investment is a direct reflection of our ongoing success,” says EOS Founder and CEO, Dr. Hans J. Langer. “Additive manufacturing is rapidly becoming a more widely accepted solution to complex manufacturing requirements across a broad spectrum of industries. We’ve recently sold our 2100th system, worldwide. With almost three decades of dedication to AM technology development, our company is committed to upholding the highest quality standards in our field.”
The Pflugerville operation incorporates the following:
- iLab – Here materials and systems testing will support EOS experts as they directly work with customers and identify tailored solutions that overcome design and manufacturing hurdles for specific end parts.
- AM Ventures – This entity helps people get their ideas to market using AM. AM Ventures develops the manufacturing side of an idea, while the startup handles marketing and sales. This program is the first of its kind for EOS globally.
- Working Showroom – Containing all EOS systems—from the smaller EOS M 100 metal system to the larger EOS M 400 system, as well as small and large plastic systems—the showroom provides benchmarking and hands-on training for customers, as well as “AM Experience” tours.
- Regional System Modifications – Custom modifications to systems or software are performed in-house.
- Service Hotline and Aftermarket Ordering – This serves as a distribution hub for consumables such as filters and materials.
- Application Consulting – Experts work directly with potential and existing customers to determine if an application is conducive for AM, helping them identify their end-product goals.
EOS has over 100 employees in North America, with 30 field service engineers; the company has had a U.S. presence since 2001. Pflugerville is opening with approximately 30 employees, a number that is expected to double within the next two years. EOS Materials, also known as Advanced Laser Materials (ALM), dedicated to the production and blending of polymer powder for both EOS systems and other powder-based AM technologies, will remain in Temple, TX.
The Novi, MI site will also remain as an important regional technical center for EOS of North America, Inc. Future plans to further expand within the U.S. include the Boston and Northern California regions.
EOS of North America Inc. – Electro Optical Systems
Emily Dickey, 248-306-0143
Field Marketing Specialist