- Topic of additive manufacturing/3D printing session kicks off series June 1 & 2 in Detroit
As the factory of the future and the Internet of Things continue to be the future of manufacturing, SME will provide detail, education and thought leadership on these industry-changing technologies and approaches. On June 1 & 2, SME will host a tutorial & seminar titled “Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing: Transition to Production” at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.
Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing: Transition to Production
College for Creative Studies in Detroit
Detroit, Michigan, USA
1-2 June, 2016
“Smart manufacturing is going to change how everything is made,” said Jeff Krause, chief executive officer of SME. “It is essential for manufacturing companies and professionals to have a better understanding of what this means for them – from advanced manufacturing technologies to the tools, processes and practices used in development and production.”
The agenda for “Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing: Transition to Production” features key leaders and experts from various additive manufacturing and 3D printing companies and organizations, including America Makes, Materialise USA, Direct Dimensions, Met-L-Flo and the U.S. Army. Attendees will hear how experts in additive manufacturing have transitioned from prototype modeling to full production quality, as well as discuss materials, processes and 3D scanning. Regional additive manufacturing companies will also be on-site displaying and sharing knowledge of their newest technologies. View the full agenda here.
In addition to additive manufacturing, upcoming one- and two-day sessions will cover digital manufacturing, lightweighting, composites and advanced materials. The sessions will take place in metropolitan markets including Detroit, Chicago and Salt Lake City.
Smart Manufacturing Seminar Series schedule:
- Smart Manufacturing: The Digital Transformation | May 24, 2016 | Detroit, MI Discover how smart manufacturing technologies connect design, planning, production and distribution to drive process improvements, reduce operational costs and increase efficiencies.
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing: Transition to Production | June 1 & 2, 2016 | Detroit, MI Hear how experts in additive manufacturing facilitated their transition from prototype to full production volumes. Materials, processes and 3D scanning will all be discussed. This seminar will be preceded by a half-day tutorial.
- Advanced Composites Manufacturing for Aerospace | June 14-15, 2016 | Salt Lake City, UT Explore emerging ways to leverage advances in composites manufacturing processes and systems, along with business best practices, to speed innovation and better compete in the global marketplace. This seminar will be preceded by a half-day tutorial and a tour of a local manufacturing facility on June 14.
- Additive Manufacturing & 3D Printing: New Materials: Building the Future for Additive Manufacturing | August 10, 2016 | Youngstown, OH SME and America Makes come together to bring you this one-of-a-kind seminar. 3D Printing has significantly grown in recent years and is expected to quickly grow over the next few years. Discover which materials and filaments are most durable, what types of machines to use, certification/qualification standards as well as how to reduce cost, and increase profitability.
- Additive Manufacturing New Processes | October 19, 2016 | Detroit, MI Learn from industry leaders how New Processes are transforming the Additive Manufacturing industry. Experience how automation and new surface finishing are changing the landscape and stay up-to-date on other techniques to keep you in front of your competition.
- Smart Manufacturing: The Digital Transformation | November 9, 2016 | Chicago, IL Discover how smart manufacturing technologies connect design, planning, production and distribution to drive process improvements, reduce operational costs and increase efficiencies.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a non-profit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, governments and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skill needs for the industry. Follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.