- Today in Frankfurt, OR LASER will make direct metal additive manufacturing more accessible and more affordable for more companies
Dieburg & Frankfurt, Germany; 15th November, 2016: Today at the formnext exhibition in Frankfurt, the German firm OR LASER will unveil and launch a new, powerful and more accessible metal additive manufacturing system — the ORLAS CREATOR. The accessibility of the ORLAS CREATOR comes from the design of a metal additive manufacturing platform that is smarter, simpler, faster and more cost effective than any other metal AM system currently available on the market.
Highlights of the ORLAS CREATOR include:
- Superior Speed and Productivity: A unique circular build-platform design enables up to 30% faster production speeds compared with comparable platforms. These speeds are facilitated by a proprietary, rotation-led precision coater blade.
- Flexible Process Capabilities: OR LASER’s solutions allow clients to individually customize key process parameters provided by the open platform strategy and comprehensive software suite developed in-house and negating the need for 3rdparty software.
- Cloud Manufacturing: Tablet based remote control and monitoring of multiple machines enables the active monitoring of key process parameters from any location.
- Comprehensive Solution: OR LASER is uniquely positioned as the only specialized laser company to offer clients a comprehensive additive manufacturing solution that incorporates in-house developed software, innovative hardware and remote process control.
- Outstanding price / performance ratio: The ORLAS CREATOR is a very competitively priced, high-end system for additive manufacturing of a wide range of metal products providing the quickest-ever route from product concept to market launch. Metal designs can be realised in only a few hours without the investment of tooling. The ORLAS CREATOR allows tool-free manufacturing of high-quality metal parts directly from CAD data.
- High Quality Laser: A 250-watt fibre laser provides exceptional beam quality and power stability. This guarantees optimum and consistent processing conditions in order to produce the highest quality parts.
With a 19-year history in the field of lasers and quality machine production, OR LASER is able to demonstrate its reputation for quality and performance hardware together with a new software approach. The company is now delighted to be able to share its experience and expertise with the additive manufacturing industry.
The ORLAS CREATOR platform being demonstrated at formnext this week is a fully working system that is 3D printing metal parts on the show floor. OR LASER already has a production strategy in place and plans to begin shipping the ORLAS CREATOR to clients in 2017.
Visitors and press can find the ORLAS CREATOR on OR LASER’s stand at formnext, Messe Frankfurt, Hall 3.1, Booth E70.
About O.R. Lasertechnologie GmbH – Producer of Industrial Laser Systems
Since founding O.R. Lasertechnologie GmbH in September 1997, Yhushua Resnik and Uri Resnik have steadfastly pursued the goal of developing new applications for lasers in materials processing and innovative laser technologies for a wide range of customers in the metal- and plastics-processing industries.
The company’s comprehensive portfolio of products is the outcome of unceasing efforts to build on and apply many years of practical experience in the fields of laser welding and cladding.
Development and manufacture of laser equipment in Germany for companies that include Siemens, Bosch, Geberit, Freudenberg, and General Electric.
Solutions for the automotive and aerospace, mechanical engineering, electrical, medical, plastics, and tool- and mold making industries
Managing directors: Yhushua Resnik and Uri Resnik
Own branches: 6
International distributors and customer service providers: 30
Employees in Germany: 70
RD department: 20 staff
Market share: 25% worldwide across all relevant industries
O.R. Lasertechnology Inc.
1420 Howard Street
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Source: OR LASER