- The recent Formnext exhibition in Frankfurt proved to be an exceptional launch pad for OR LASER’s new direct metal additive manufacturing platform, where the company experienced higher than expected levels of interest — and direct pre-orders.
Dieburg, Germany; 28th November, 2016: OR Laser chose the annual Formnext exhibition in Frankfurt as the launch platform for its latest offering into the additive manufacturing (AM) market and the results could not be more encouraging. The ORLAS CREATOR was unveiled at a very successful press conference hosted on the first morning of the event at OR LASER’s stand where company executives, including CEO Uri Resnik and VP of Business Development Ludovico Camarda, were able to visually demonstrate to a large audience this new, powerful and more accessible metal additive manufacturing system.
The immediate interest in the ORLAS Creator came from the fact that it has been designed and developed specifically to provide access to metal 3D printing for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with a very competitive price point that amounts to half the cost of comparable machines on the market. The value proposition of the ORLAS CREATOR is the first of its kind in the metal AM sector and the levels of interest recorded at Formnext prove that OR LASER has identified previously untapped demand with its highly capable and cost effective metal AM system.
Across the four days of the show representatives of OR LASER were consistently inundated with enquiries about the ORLAS CREATOR, resulting in more than 250 definitive leads and 43 direct pre-orders. In addition, the company also received expressions of interest from more than 20 companies looking to distribute and resell the ORLAS CREATOR across the globe. Following the show, OR LASER is ramping up its production capabilities, and still expects to start shipping the ORLAS CREATOR by the end of Q2 of 2017, with the further expectation that all orders taken at Formnext will be fulfilled by the end of 2017.
Commenting on the successful launch at Formnext, CEO of OR LASER, Uri Resnik stated: “We have been delighted with the market’s response to the ORLAS CREATOR. Following years of research and development we now know for sure that our hard work was completely worthwhile, and that the production of a smart, fully capable metal 3D printing system at an accessible price point for SMEs is exactly what the sector needs. We are looking forward to working with our new customers and developing new partnerships around the world.”
With a 19-year history in the field of lasers and quality machine production, OR LASER is able to demonstrate its reputation for quality and performance hardware together with a new software approach. The company is now fully committed to bringing this experience and expertise to the additive manufacturing industry.
Highlights of the ORLAS Creator include:
- Superior Speed and Productivity: A unique circular build-platform design enables up to 30% faster production speeds compared with comparable platforms. These speeds are facilitated by a proprietary, rotation-led precision coater blade.
- Flexible Process Capabilities: OR LASER’s solutions allow clients to individually customize key process parameters provided by the open platform strategy and comprehensive software suite developed in-house and negating the need for 3rd party software.
- Cloud Manufacturing: Tablet based remote control and monitoring of multiple machines enables the active monitoring of key process parameters from any location.
- Comprehensive Solution: OR LASER is uniquely positioned as the only specialized laser company to offer clients a comprehensive additive manufacturing solution that incorporates in-house developed software, innovative hardware and remote process control.
- Outstanding price / performance ratio: The ORLAS CREATOR is a very competitively priced, high-end system for additive manufacturing of a wide range of metal products providing the quickest-ever route from product concept to market launch. Metal designs can be realised in only a few hours without the investment of tooling. The ORLAS CREATOR allows tool-free manufacturing of high-quality metal parts directly from CAD data.
- High Quality Laser: A 250-watt fibre laser provides exceptional beam quality and power stability. This guarantees optimum and consistent processing conditions in order to produce the highest quality parts.
Full Specifications can be found on the OR LASER website.
About O.R. Lasertechnologie GmbH – Producer of Industrial Laser Systems
Since founding O.R. Lasertechnologie GmbH in September 1997, Yhushua Resnik and Uri Resnik have steadfastly pursued the goal of developing new applications for lasers in materials processing and innovative laser technologies for a wide range of customers in the metal- and plastics-processing industries.
The company’s comprehensive portfolio of products is the outcome of unceasing efforts to build on and apply many years of practical experience in the fields of laser welding and cladding.
Development and manufacture of laser equipment in Germany for companies that include Siemens, Bosch, Geberit, Freudenberg, and General Electric.
Solutions for the automotive and aerospace, mechanical engineering, electrical, medical, plastics, and tool- and mold making industries
Managing directors: Yhushua Resnik and Uri Resnik
Own branches: 6
International distributors and customer service providers: 30
Employees in Germany: 70
RD department: 20 staff
Market share: 25% worldwide across all relevant industries
O.R. Lasertechnologie GmbH
64807 Dieburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 6071-209 89 0
Fax: +49 (0) 6071-209 89 99
O.R. Lasertechnology Inc.
1420 Howard Street
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Source: O.R. Lasertechnologie GmbH