EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. & REHOVOT, Israel/September 13, 2022 — Stratasys announced it closed the merger of subsidiary MakerBot with NPM Capital-backed Ultimaker to form a new entity under the name Ultimaker, effective August 31, 2022.
The new combined company offers a comprehensive solution set of hardware, software and materials, creating a leading force in Desktop 3D printing. Following the merger, NPM Capital owns 53.5% of the combined company, while Stratasys owns the remaining 46.5%.
Dr. Yoav Zeif, CEO of Stratasys said, “The completion of this business combination advances our aspirations of being the leading go-to provider of industrial and manufacturing-scale polymer 3D printing systems and solutions, while simultaneously creating a preeminent Desktop 3D printing company. Unlocking the value in MakerBot via this combination is designed to create long-term value for our shareholders through enhanced strategic focus on our key end-markets and from the minority ownership stake we retain in Ultimaker.”
Financial contributions from MakerBot from September 1, 2022 and onward will no longer be consolidated by Stratasys given its minority ownership.