- The 25th RAPID event will feature more than 195 exhibitors and interactive features for attendees
(Dearborn, Mich., April 9, 2015) – SME’s 2015 RAPID Conference & Exposition, the largest in the event’s history, will be held next month in Long Beach, Calif. RAPID, which is celebrating its 25-year anniversary, is known worldwide as the preeminent event for 3D printing, scanning and additive manufacturing. Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with more than 195 exhibitors and explore the future of the industry through interactive experiences and keynotes from industry leaders.
“RAPID 2015 gives established businesses and startups alike the opportunity to collaborate and further the growth of 3D printing and additive manufacturing technology,” said Debbie Holton, director of events and industry strategy at SME. “Manufacturers attend RAPID because they know they’ll find the latest innovative solutions they need to compete successfully. Those that don’t attend will miss out on witnessing the newest 3D technologies and finding their next competitive advantage.”
The RAPID show floor is designed to optimize interaction among exhibitors and attendees. RAPID 2015 will feature several new interactive experiences showcasing the latest advancements in the industry. Highlights include:
- Hovercraft Races – Attendees will have a chance to race 3D-printed hovercrafts and win a remote-controlled hovercraft of their own.
- Innovation Auditions – Qualified innovators will have five minutes to capture the attention of a panel of investors and industry experts and share why their idea could make a difference. The panel will provide feedback after the auditions and select one outstanding innovation that will be announced at the Wednesday keynote presentation.
In addition, popular show floor features from RAPID 2014 will return in 2015, including:
- 3D Playground – An opportunity to witness 3D technologies in a hands-on lab designed by SME and industry partners. Attendees will see state-of-the-art bioprinting capabilities, learn about software solutions to simplify design challenges, engage with 3D printing-enabled STEM educational tools and much more.
- Contemporary Art Gallery – See creative approaches to art creation and production via a showcase of artwork made possible with additive manufacturing, 3D printing, 3D imaging and digital sculpture technologies.
“In its 25th year, RAPID has been at the forefront of the manufacturing industry from the start. As the industry continues to grow and change, the RAPID event continues to showcase the business advantages of additive manufacturing,” said Holton.
RAPID 2015’s show floor provides attendees with the one place in the world where all of the industry’s experts and enthusiasts connect under one roof. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with 3D manufacturing leaders like Materialise, Stratasys and 3D Systems, as well as innovative newcomers to the industry.
The 2015 RAPID Conference & Exposition is being held at the Long Beach Convention Center. The exhibition floor opens on Tuesday, May 19, and closes on Thursday, May 21. Conference and exposition registration, exhibitor registration, and media registration are now open.
For 25 years, the RAPID Conference & Exposition, produced by SME, has defined the crucial role of additive manufacturing and empowered the establishment of an industry that continues to conceive, test, improve and manufacture new products at a faster, more cost-efficient pace. As the leader and authority figure in additive manufacturing, RAPID attracts buyers, sellers and end-users of design, prototyping, tooling and direct digital technologies to a world-class event for discovery, innovation and networking. For more information, please visit rapid3devent.com.
SME connects all those who are passionate about making things that improve our world. As a nonprofit organization, SME has served practitioners, companies, educators, government and communities across the manufacturing spectrum for more than 80 years. Through its strategic areas of events, media, membership, training and development, and the SME Education Foundation, SME is uniquely dedicated to the advancement of manufacturing by addressing both knowledge and skills needed for the industry. Follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
*Rapid logo courtesy of SME